The Hospitallers' chapel and the Tudor 'dower house'
(The remains preceptory at Low Chibburn (NZ26599653) lie about 1 km from the shoreline at Druridge Bay and 1.5 km north-east of Widdington church. They consist of the ruins of the Hospitallers' chapel and a post-dissolution Tudor masion. The remains of the preceptory have attracted antiquarian and archaeological interest since the middle of the 19th century, the principal accounts being those of Woodman (1860), Wilson (1861), Hodgson (1896) and Fincham (1922). The only recent fieldwork at the site is described in two unpublished reports by Ryder (1995a and b).